EOD 9A Helmet
The EOD 9A Helmet is the world’s first EMC Class A Helmet for EOD/IEDD operations. It enables bomb disposal technicians to work with IEDD equipment in an increasingly harsh ECM RF environment and to deal successfully with RCIED threats.
The advanced design of Med-Eng EOD 9A Helmet allows it to suppress unwanted signals and stringently control emissions while maintaining excellent blast protection. It also offers an interchangeable EOD Visor and (optional) BA Visor for situations where a CBRN threat is suspected.
It is designed to integrate with the Med-Eng EOD 9 Bomb Suit for complete protection EOD/IEDD blast protection.
- Filters and shields its systems to prevent unwanted incoming signals from reaching its electronics
- Compiles with U.S. Deparment of Defense standard MIL-STD-461E using a variety of frequency ranges
- Allows the Technician to focus on response procedures with the confidence of equipment interoperability and optimal physical protection
- Helmet’s Searchlights illuminates low light conditions
- Suppress unwanted signals and stringently control emissions as well as protection from conventional blast threats
If you require information and technical support regarding the EOD 9/9A Helmet Retrofit Kit, or would like to order one free of charge, please contact your authorized Med-Eng representative or Med-EngSupport@safariland.com .