Med-Eng Customized Driver Blast Attenuation Seats protect tracked and wheeled combat vehicle Drivers (and Co-Drivers where applicable) by isolating them from the effects of a blast event or automotive accident.
- Can be mounted to the ceiling, wall or floor as needed.
- Currently in use on multiple wheeled and tracked combat vehicles.
- Can be integrated with an optional vehicle-based personnel cooling system, a blast sensor and floor mounted foot pads for a complete crew survivability solution.
- Recoverable Energy Attenuation System protects against both phases of the blast event – the initial “lift off” and subsequent “slam down”.
- Customized for new and retrofitted vehicles.
- Fore, Aft, Height and Seat Back Recline adjustment to suit occupant tasks.
- Optional adjustable seat back recline to provide Driver comfort during vehicle operation and casualty evacuation “CASEVAC” in the event of an emergency situation.
- Optional head rest can be adjustable and removable as required.
- Optional Air Ride capability can be provided to reduce over-the-road loads/vibrations on some seat configurations.
- Seat cushion and covering fabrics selected for Health, Safety and Comfort.
- 4 or 5-point seatbelts with All-Belts-To-Seat to ensure the occupant remains restrained during all phases of a blast or automotive event.
- Compliant with the applicable sections of FMVSS and ECE requirements.