A First Responder tool for mitigating threats in public places such as airports and public transit stations.
- Helps suppress and contain blast and fragmentation from an Improvised Explosive Device (IED).
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Used in conjunction with a ballistic containment ring for mitigating IEDs containing relatively smaller charges.
- Includes lifting straps and a Ballistic Collar, placed on its edge around the suspected IED. The Blanket is then placed over the Collar and IED. The Collar directs the force of the IED blast upwards into the Blanket which is designed to help contain fragments from an explosion. Two or more Collars and Blast Blankets can be used to suppress a larger size IED.
- Multiple layer ballistic filler material enclosed in a heavy duty nylon
- Standard color is black
|Size / Threat Level||Width(mm)||Length(mm)||Weight(Kg)||Protection Level|
|Size A – Threat Level 1||1250||1500||6||V50: 400 m/s|
|Size A – Threat Level 2||1250||1500||10||V50: 500 m/s|
|Size B – Threat Level 1||1500||1500||7||V50: 400 m/s|
|Size B – Threat Level 2||1500||1500||12||V50: 500 m/s|