BlackBIRD Vehicle Sensor
The BlackBIRD system is an important breakthrough in the effort to improve military vehicle and crew survivability by collecting and quantifying real time, in-theatre data on the conditions present during a blast event.
- Detects, measures and records the accelerations and overpressure effects of blast on the vehicle and its crew
- Blast event data gathered by BlackBIRD can be downloaded for precise analysis by survivability engineers, scientists and the medical community
- The data collected also provides an unprecedented empirical validation of blasts conducted in controlled test conditions
- Remarkably small device can be mounted in multiple locations inside and outside vehicle
- For an even more complete analysis, multiple units can be affixed inside of the vehicle without significant installation or retrofit implications