Guidance for Cleaning Med-Eng Equipment Against COVID-19
December 16, 2021
To our Valued Partners and First Responders,
Supporting first responders and military with personal protective equipment (PPE) is the core of what we do at The Safariland Group (TSG). We would like to thank the first responders, the healthcare workers, and our channel partners who are on the front lines supporting our communities in these unprecedented times. You are in the hearts and minds of our organization daily. We understand the risks each of you are taking every day to keep us and our communities safe and we admire your bravery and dedication.
Our top priority is maintaining business continuity to provide PPE to our customers without jeopardizing the health of our TSG associates and their families. We are doing our best to navigate the COVID-19 situation daily but wanted to share with you the steps we have taken to ensure we can continue meeting our commitments to our various stakeholders as the situation continues to evolve.
We are monitoring the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic and maintaining regular contact with health and safety agencies in each of our locations. Our legal team is researching federal, state, provincial and local executive orders as they become available to determine best practices and to make certain TSG is doing its part within the framework of this environment. These are a few of the actions we have taken throughout TSG to minimize risk to the extent possible:
- All overnight business travel is being approved based on national travel regulations and consideration for the safety of the traveler
- Incoming visitor requests must be approved
- Associates that can are working remotely
- All persons entering our facilities must confirm their Covid-19 health status, such as symptoms and possible exposures
- Additional resources have been hired in our facilities to significantly increase cleaning activities
- Density of manufacturing employees has been reduced by changing work configurations, shifts and increasing break area space
- Quarantine practices must be followed for any personal travel, exposed employees and sick individuals
- Hygiene stations have been installed at all entries and exits in our locations
Our mission will not waver during this time of uncertainty and we are doing all we can to continue to serve our first responders throughout this pandemic. We will do whatever we can to ensure that our first responders and channel partners can get core products like bomb suits, armor, duty gear and crowd control products needed in today’s environment. It is a privilege to protect those that protect us and we are committed to continuing our work. Thank you again for your partnership and please reach out to us if there is anything we can do to help and support you.